Parent Survey Results
October 21, 2014
Re: Recent Parent Survey
Below, please find the results of the recent Parent Survey/Poll sent home and available online between September 29, 2014 and October 09, 2014.
- 262/323 families or 81.1% of Win Ferguson Families responded to the survey
Do you feel self-selection is a good process for families to include or not include their child in an activity, if the activity does not coincide with personal or family belief systems? Yes or No?
- 235 respondents or 89.7% responded “YES”.
- 24 respondents or 9.2% responded “NO”.
- 3 spoiled answers (either not answered or circled both responses).
Do you feel that schools should focus on teaching academics only or focus on teaching the whole child (emotional, social, citizenship, tolerance, leadership and academic well-being)? Academics Only or Whole Child?
- 5 respondents or 1.9% responded “Academics only”.
- 256 respondents or 97.7% responded “Whole Child”.
- 1 spoiled answer (either not answered or circled both responses).
Are you opposed to/against “The Lord’s Prayer” being said at Win Ferguson School during Monday Assemblies? Yes or No?
- 22 respondents or 8.4% responded “Yes”.
- 238 respondents or 90.8% responded “No”.
- 2 spoiled answers (either not answered or circled both)
We want to thank families for making their viewpoint known. The response to this poll was excellent and represents a very strong majority support from our community for:
1) Self–selection as a process to include or not include your child in a school activity.
2) Win Ferguson focusing on teaching the whole child.
3) Including The Lord’s Prayer at assemblies
It is very clear to us, the direction in which our parent community wants us to continue in the future. We will once again poll our community regarding these topics in September 2017.
Book Your Parent-Teacher Interview Appointments Online
Please note that interview times have changed!
a) Monday, October 27th – 5:00PM to 7:30 PM
b) Tuesday, October 28th – 3:30PM to 6:00PM
ECS will also have interviews during the day on October 27th.
PALS will also have interviews on the morning of November 7th.
Booking parent-teacher interviews is now as easy as 1 - 2 – 3 at Win Ferguson Community School!! The website we are using is http://www.schoolinterviews.ca
If you can’t book online, call the school.
Kindergarten code: 592DY
All Other Classes (including PALS and LINKS)code: KQ4Q7
1. First enter your name, your student's name(s), and your email address.
2. On the next page, pick the teacher(s) you want to meet.
3. Then you'll see a timetable showing when your chosen teachers are available. Simply click on the times that suit you!
4. When you are done, an email confirming your times will arrive in your e-mail inbox. If something comes up, you can return to the site and cancel or change your bookings whenever you want. Parents can book appointments with more than one teacher, if required.
(LINKS and PALS have 30 minute interviews. ECS has15 minute interviews. All other grades and classes have 10 minute interviews.)
Calendar Consultation Survey
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Enclosed in this message is a link to a video and a short survey for your feedback about the EIPS Calendar for the 2015-16 school year. Your input is very important to us, as the decision the Board will make in December will be guided in part by survey responses. Ideally using a Chrome browser, please watch the video, and then answer the short survey. All survey responses must be completed by November 15. Thank-you for your time and contribution.
This presentation works best if you copy the link below, open the Chrome Browser, and insert the link at the top of that page.
Our October 2014 Newsletter is now available!
There are many important events and special days at "The School that SHINES", this month. You can also click on the calendar on the website to view the latest up-to-date information!
The 7 Habits are Dynamite!
The Staff of Win Ferguson School have synergized to create a 7 Habits music video for our students! Check it out!
The Leader in Me
7 HABITS IN THE SCHOOL THAT SHINES!
For the first two months of school, we’ll review all the 7 habits and then throughout the rest of the year, we’ll focus on one habit per month. At the beginning of the year, time is spent refreshing the 7 habits language and then throughout the rest of the year we will learn how to live and model the 7 habits in everything we do!
Click here for Leader in Me Brochure
Click here for The Leader in Me Parent Guide
If you would like to know more about the Leader in Me initiative, please see the "Leader in Me" tab located in the "About Us" section of this website.
October School Council/PTA Meeting Notice
Parents' Math Corner
Win Ferguson Community School has a tradition of excellence in all of its programming. Our dedicated staff works diligently to ensure the needs of all students are met. This is a tradition we are extremely proud of. In addition to an exemplary staff and student body, we are fortunate to have a committed group of outstanding parents and community members who support our school programs and activities.
There are many wonderful and exciting learning opportunities that take place throughout the school year. From Opening Day to our Year-end Celebration, these activities promote lifelong learning in an environment that is both supported and nurtured by our learning community.
We believe the education of our students is best achieved by a team approach that includes the child, the home and the school. The development and maintenance of this partnership is truly vital. We look forward to working together in the best interests of each one of our students. We understand that our children are society's most precious resource.
We are very proud to be "The School that SHINES!"
Have a wonderful year!
Google Map to Win Ferguson School
Click on the following link for directions to our school: View Larger Map